Zum Inhalt springen

PMDG und Navdata

Jan-Paul Schuchna

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jan-Paul Schuchna

Hallo,

es gibt schlechte Neuigkeiten bzgl. PMDG und Navdata.

Hi gents,

due the fact, that PMDG plan to use their own datas it makes no sense to work parallel. Therefor i come to think of to cancel the PMDG addon from my addon list, in one of the next AIRACs

I don´t know that because i have provided PMDG from beginning with my datas (over 2 years!). Now, since i can´t offer this as freeware it seems that PMDG don´t need it anymore. Sorry, but i can´t understand such postings and i can´t understand why the reference-link to the NAVData-webpage was removed from their webpage.

It was clear and normal for me, that i should/would provide PMDG in the future as in the past too. As i read now, it´s not so clear ... and that´s a shame. I don´t know about the new projects of PMDG, i have thought, that the way of PMDG will be the same as in the past. I´m very disappointed about this but i must accept it. I´m disappointed too, that nobody asked me about any background information from PMDG and therefor i´m surprissed about this negative posting in the PMDG forum.

I have supported the PMDG products over the last years, and have said nothing ... sorry, i don´t understand this world. I´m really, really disappointed ...

Here the whole posting in the PMDG forum:

http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=136&topic_id=121509&mode=full

Sorry, gents ... i have done all to find a solution after DAFIF was closed, but i don´t know, that i had to ask each addon-producer if this is ok too.

A disappointed NAVData man,

Richard

Hi,

könnte dies jemand so halbwegs übersetzen (oder übersetzt zusammenfassen)? Mein Englisch ist nicht perfekt, aber diesen Text verstehe ich fast überhauptnicht, bzw. ich kapier nicht was jetzt mit den Airacs gemacht bzw. nicht gemacht wird. :confused: :004:

Jan-Paul Schuchna

Nichts wird so heiß gegessen wie es gekocht wird :005:

Richard-

When you first approached me about your concept to move to a commercial format in order to obtain the licenses required to continue after DAFIF- i was highly supportive.

We appear to be having some communications problems, however- as we have been informed (in the form of a Blind Carbon Copy) from your technical support that some major changes are coming that will affect compatibility with our upcoming MD11, the 747-400 for FSX, and future products later in the development cycle.

We've tried to obtain answers from you folks- but our email appear to be getting ignored- so we are reaching a point where critical decisions must be made in order not to further delay products coming to market.

We'd love to support you as Navdata grows into something even bigger- but in order for commercial developers like PMDG to continue bringing you customers- we need to have some idea what we are facing- and how we will interface with your product...

It's probably best for you to reach us directly by email- the sooner the better....

Robert S. Randazzo

Precision Manuals Development Group

http://www.precisionmanuals.com

Hoi zäme

Sieht schon wieder viel besser aus: (Mr. Randazzo im Avsim Forum)

Captains-

I've just concluded a (much needed) conversation between me, Lefteris and Richard Stefan of Navigraph to see if we can't resolve some of the confusion that has surrounded commercial developers interface to Navigraph's new product line and their plans for the future.

The news is all good, fortunately- and we are finally able to give some clear guidance on how the transition from Navdata (freeware) to Navigraph (commercial) AIRAC cycles product will affect you- and what changes you can expect it to have on your PMDG products.

PMDG was contacted many months ago regarding the new Navigraph commercial arrangement and we have been in full support of the change taking place about the time the DAFIF information would no longer be available as a free information source. In fact- it has been our expectation that the relationship that Richard Stefan succesfully negotiated will provide better worldwide coverage and ultimately lead to a better customer experience in a broad range of PMDG, LDS, PSS and FeelThere products.

Navigraph has been extremely busy making this transition to the new format and unfortunately some miscommunications resulted that led to PMDG and some other commercial developers being given incomplete and somewhat inaccurate information on Navigraph's future plans.

I'm not going to go into details- but suffice it to say that Richard was able to correct the mis-information that was sent out- and we are happy to be back on track with a clear understanding of where Navigraph is taking their product line in the future.

Thanks to our conversation with Richard I can also give you (finally) some idea of what to expect on the simulation side of the equation. (We've been unable to make any comment- since we weren't able to obtain information from Navigraph until today...)

Currently we anticipate all PMDG products will continue to ship with a navdata installation that is current as of the time the product is released to marketing. So the MD11, the 747-400/400F for FSX, the NGX and the A320X will all ship with navdata current as of the date that product releases.

We will provide in that product information to assist new customers in finding Navigraph and purchasing a subscription plan to keep their navigation data up to date- just as we have done traditionally with Navdata.

Through partnership with Navigraph and PMDG- there will be no incremental product cost for the first set of navigation data, although we will strongly encourage all customers to purchase a subscription for future updates!

In short- you should see no changes on the sim-product side, and you would be well advised to set up a subscription service to obtain most current global data from Navigraph.

Richard gave me some estimates that he anticipates having the SID/STAR series completed "before year end" and I'm sure we'll all look forward to those.

Grüsse

Manuel

Dein Kommentar

Du kannst jetzt schreiben und Dich später registrieren. Wenn Du ein Konto hast, melde Dich jetzt an, um unter Deinem Benutzernamen zu schreiben.

Gast
Auf dieses Thema antworten...

×   Du hast formatierten Text eingefügt.   Formatierung jetzt entfernen

Nur 75 Emojis sind erlaubt.

×   Dein Link wurde automatisch eingebettet.   Einbetten rückgängig machen und als Link darstellen

×   Dein vorheriger Inhalt wurde wiederhergestellt.   Editor leeren

×   Du kannst Bilder nicht direkt einfügen. Lade Bilder hoch oder lade sie von einer URL.

• Neu erstellen...